Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tubing Down Esopus River Is Awesome!!!!

Theres nothing more fun than planning last minute trips. Last night my husband told me and Raymond to set the alarm early, because we were going to take a trip upstate and go tubing down the Esopus River! I have to admit that I was nervous because I've heard that you could get hurt if you flip over and hit the rocks. Needless to say, we got up this morning and started our drive.

The weather was absolutely perfect for tubing, and the views of the trees and mountains were absolutley breathtaking. It would have been worth the trip just to drive up there to sit and just look at the views. We get our tubes, put on our life jackets...and yes, I wore a helmet and a wetsuit. I looked absolutely hysterical, but after standing there and hearing the long list of things that your head could possibly bang into, you would wear a helmet too. The wetsuit I could have done without, but it also would prevent me from getting scraped by the rocks if I fell in the water...so this was the first time in my life where I would sacrifice looking good for safety!!!! Lol

The bus drops us off on a path where we have to carry our tubes in the cold water. Ugh!!!! Here we go! In the first 2 minutes, my husband was the first to flip over into the water. Lol The water was choppy in some sections and calm and peaceful in others. We had a blast as we were flying down the choppy parts. There were times where we got stuck between rocks and had to push our way around them, while water was gushing around us. Omg, we couldn't stop laughing!

At the end of the river, we walked back up a rocky path. I stopped and picked up some river rocks, so I can stack them at home. (I will blog another post about stacking stones.)

This experience was so special to me. I couldn't thank Bobby enough for taking me and Raymond there. It's a perfect way to end the summer and start school on Tuesday.

No comments: