Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chia Pudding

I was talking to my girlfriend this morning about chia seeds, and I'm going to have to share this recipe that I just found with her.
I have all the ingredients in my kitchen, so I'm going to have to make it and try it!!!!!! This chia craze is insane. I was in the vitamin section at CVS today, and there were chia seeds in a bottle!







Chocolate Chia Pudding







Chocolate chia pudding is very light in flavor and not very filling, so I advise adding fruit for extra flavor and heartiness. You can use up to a cup of any fruit you like, but cherries and raspberries are my favorites.









Ingredients





  • 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used soymilk)


  • 1/2 teaspoon double-strength vanilla extract (or 1 tsp. regular)


  • 2 teaspoons cocoa powder


  • sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 2 scoops of KAL pure stevia powder)


  • 3 tablespoons chia seeds


  • 1/2 to 1 cup raspberries, cherries, or other fruit, plus additional for garnish









Instructions




  1. Place the milk, vanilla, and cocoa into the blender and add sweetener to taste (about 2 servings worth). Blend until cocoa is completely incorporated.


  2. Pour milk mixture into a bowl and add the chia seeds. Stir well, making sure that all the seeds are moistened. Leave out on the counter and stir periodically (about every 15 minutes or so), breaking up any clusters that form. Allow it to stand until the pudding has thickened and all liquid has been absorbed, at least an hour.


  3. Refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in fruit. Serve topped with additional fruit.







Preparation time: 5 minute(s) | Cooking (standing) time: 1 hour(s)




Number of servings (yield): 2




Nutrition (per serving): 123 calories, 52 calories from fat, 6.2g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 17.9mg sodium, 243.3mg potassium, 12.2g carbohydrates, 8.8g fiber, 2g sugar, 7g protein, 3.8 points.


No comments: