Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Finally, My Treatment

After a hard yoga workout on Friday, my arms were extremely sore! I took it easy on Saturday, and didn't go to my class on Sunday. Now Monday comes along, and I can't turn my head to the right or the left. I'm completely stiff...and in a lot of pain! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Last Thursday or Friday I was able to get an appointment for Monday, so I was very lucky.

Anyway, I'm with Dr. Schwartz and as soon as he's about to administer the first injection, he sees the muscle that was causing me all the pain. It's always the same muscle on my right side that's over active. I mentioned that I was doing a blog, so I can keep a diary of how yoga and other types of exercise can help stretch my muscles and hopefully make the Botox treatments move further apart. As he explained to me, since I waited longer for my treatment, there was little to no Botox in my muscles. The intense stretching I did on Friday aggravated the muscle in my neck, which was already over active. He said he could not only feel, but see the muscle that was enlarged on my right side. I guess reality hits me every time in sitting in his office, and I become unaccepting with what I have. The treatments work so well, so I feel healthy and happy when I'm doing yoga or riding my bike. I forget I have a little help to allow me to do those things...Botox!

Today's another day, right? I'm going to physically take it easy until I'm out of this funk, and I'll be back to my old self. :)

No comments: