Translate

Friday, June 15, 2012

Life Just Keeps Getting Better

Tomorrow I'm graduating! Yep, I'm actually going to be walking across the stage to receive my bachelors degree! I get butterflies just thinking about it. I ironed my gown and picked out an outfit to wear underneath. I was told that its going to get extremely hot sitting on the stage with all the lights on top of me. Great, right? You would think they would blast the cold air for all the students, so we can be comfortable and enjoy the ceremony... Instead, I'm going to be worrying about how shiny my face is going to look in all the photos! Lol because it's all about me in the photos...not the degree that took me years to achieve. Lol Just kidding.

So, you must be wondering why I titled this post, "Life Just Keeps Getting Better", right? I was just sitting on the couch watching a re-run of Ellen, when my son took a seat next to me and layed his head on my shoulder. I started getting teary eyed, thinking of having him watch me get my degree tomorrow. Its going to be such an amazing feeling when I look over and see his face looking up at mine. I started to think that in just a couple more years he'll be receiving his high school diploma, then his college degree, and I'll be in the front row watching him through loving, tearing eyes!

Life gets better when you have people in your life who love you and are truly happy for you.

No comments: