Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Is Botox Treatment For You?

I received a voice message from Dr. Schwartz, explaining to me that he had a woman come into his office who was just diagnosed with cervical Dystonia and was apprehensive about starting Botox treatments. He asked if I would be interested in speaking with her and talk her through my experiences with my treatments. I immediately called his office and told his secretary that I'm very interested and would be more than happy to comfort her. Dr. Schwartz is out of the office for the next two weeks, so I will have to wait to speak with him upon his return.

To anyone who's reading my blog that is also apprehensive about starting Botox treatment, please don't be. The treatment is quick, and the results can be life changing. I've had success with 11 injections for the past couple of years. I haven't had to change the dosage either. There's not one office visit where I'm not sitting in the waiting room with knots in my stomach. I wish I didn't have to be there, but the reality is that I do if I want to live a comfortable happy life. Every once in a while I still search the Internet to see if there has been any changes in the effects of Botox, because I have to admit that I do wonder what the long term effects will be on my body. However, I'm not going to let the fear of what could happen get in the way of how good I'm feeling at this very moment.

Botox may not be a successful treatment for everybody, but please don't let your fears get in the way of giving it a try. Just think if I had never tried Botox treatments, I would never had been able to start this Blog and help others with Dystonia. There was a time I had to stop typing because I couldn't keep my neck straight to see what I was typing. On top of all the pain I was in, I was also getting dizzy and nautious trying to focus on the keyboard.

Contact me if you still have any questions or concerns. I can only tell you about my experiences, so if you have any medical questions you will need to contact your doctor.