Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Easy On My Shoulders Lady!!!!

Saturday my husband and I went for a one hour foot massage at the foot spa by us that we love. Next thing we knew, we were both laying on separate tables having a full body massage. The ladies at the spa speak very little English, but are so adorable that we just do whatever they tell us to do. Lol

She started with my neck and then down my back, loosening all the tightness that's been building up inside me. Next thing I knew, she's climbing on top of the table so she can use the entire weight of her body to shove her elbows in between my shoulder blades!!!! I didn't know whether to tell her to get off of me or to press harder, because I know this massage was long over due. Lol. She apologized as she had to stop twice, once to use the bathroom and the second time to answer the phone. She kept me ten minutes longer than Bobby, so she can make up for the time that was lost.

When I finished getting dressed, she handed me a tiny cup of water, a handful of candy, and pointed to the door.... AKA, he was waiting outside for me in the car. He couldn't stop laughing when he saw me walk out. I looked like an unmade bed. My hair was a mess and my makeup was smeared all over my face!

It's been a couple of days and I still feel the pain. It's like she beat me up! Lol I literally feel as if I was in a brawl! I just finished doing a 1/2 hour yoga workout and I'm about to go to bed. Learning how to listen to my body and feel exactly where the pain is, I took the time to focus on those areas and use certain yoga stretches that will help reduce any pain. As I sit here and type, I can feel the stiffness in my shoulder blades, which carries on into my shoulders. However, I'm still able to control the twitching by breathing slowly and relaxing my body as my fingers are typing. The good thing is that I don't feel any pulling in my neck. Let's see what tomorrow brings, but right now I'm still going strong! I should be able to hear from Dr. Schwartz this week to make an earlier appointment.

No comments: