Translate

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Eating Healthy!

I've always tried to eat healthy, but at times too healthy wasn't working for me. I'm serious. I would cut so many things out of my diet which left me nothing to eat but salads all day long.
I took notice how my blood sugar would drop so low that I could actually feel my hands shake, my body feel weak, and my mood swings would be horrible. Oh, you didn't want to be around me when my sugar levels drop! Lol I become a mad woman!
With this all being said, I've decided to change my diet by just concentrating on the portion size of my meals throughout the day. It's been three weeks now, and I feel absolutely wonderful. My sugar levels are more balanced and I'm not starving myself anymore with what I thought was healthy dieting. The more I kept carbs and sweets away, the more my body craved them. Look at today's lunch...one turkey burger, onions, tomato, and lettuce! It was delicious!!!!




The reason why I'm sharing this with you guys/girls, is because our diet effects not only our weight, but everything in our body. The vitamins and minerals that I'm getting from all the vegetables I've been eating are calming to my nervous system.
In an article from Livestrong;
"Your body is capable of performing thousands of chemical reactions, complex movements and vital functions that make your life possible. The nervous system, which includes your brain, spinal cord and your nerves is the master control system of your body and is responsible for controlling these functions. The foods that you eat each day, supply your body and your nervous system with the vitamins that it needs to function optimally."
"Dystonia is a neurological movement disorder that causes involuntary muscle spasms and contractions. The exact cause of dystonia varies, but genetics, strokes, oxygen deprivation, infections, medication side-effects, brain tumors, nerve damage, brain injuries and certain medical conditions appear to contribute to this condition. Symptoms include distorted posture, rapid blinking, an abnormally twisted neck, slurred speech, muscle cramps, difficulty swallowing and inability to walk properly. Treatment generally consists of oral medications, deep brain stimulation and surgery. Along with your prescribed treatment plan, a variety of vitamins may help reduce the effects of dystonia and improve your quality of life."
I could only wish that vitamins and minerals could heal whatever went wrong and caused my CD, but I believe that by making exercise and eating healthy a new life style for myself, I can only be doing good for my body. Maybe I'll also become more calm, which will help my muscles relax naturally in their own.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: