Translate

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Who Do You Reach Out To?

I had an opportunity to speak to and share some concerns to others with Dystonia. Although there are different areas of our bodies where Dystonia has taken control, the fears and concerns are all the same. It's hitting me more and more, as I'm realizing how alone many people who suffer from Dystonia, and their caretakers, are feeling.

I can speak for myself, when I say that I too don't about my everyday body aches and pains to others. I guess I'm just so used to what I'm feeling that it's just a part of my every day life, so I don't think of bringing it up in conversation when someone asks how I'm feeling. I also don't want to talk about it and upset my friends and family by telling them my true thoughts and concerns with Dystonia. In a way, I prefer Dystonia to be a battle that I face every day and not for others to battle for me. However, I do know when to turn to others when my thoughts and feelings are too much for me to handle alone. Do you?

Below are some questions for you to ask yourself, and the reason why I'm throwing these questions out to you, is because I'm finding that there are way too many who are suffering with Dystonia, or who are caretakers for others with Dystonia, who are at their wits end and feel alone, scared, depressed and angry. Creating happiness starts within ourselves. Use your voice to reach out to others who can help you live each day better than the day before.

What concerns do I have about my Dystonia?

Who do I reach out to, when I'm angry, frightened, or sad with my Dystonia?

How well do I take care of my body, to strengthen or relieve the pain I'm feeling?

What one thing can I do, every day, that will make me happy? What prevents me from doing it? How can I create a way for it to happen?









No comments: