Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Time To Re-Distribute The Injections

My neck has been twitching more than usual in between my treatments, and I'm in so much pain while I sleep from the stiffness in my neck when I lay on my stomach and my head is turned to one side.  I've learned to sleep laying on my back or on my side in order to avoid waking up every night in pain.  My neurologist asked me if I wanted him to give me a higher dosage of Botox to help my discomfort...he also asked if I wanted a couple of injections in my right hand to take away the pain from the spasms I've been getting when I write.  The thought of giving me a higher dosage was making me sick inside.  Subconsciously I'm still fearful that one day I will become immune to the Botox and will have to go another route.  So, we decided to keep the same dosage and distribute the injections to other muscles to see if this will do the trick.  I'm still refusing to have my right arm injected, since I use my laptop more than I write.

I'm feeling really good about my decision.  I've also decided to go back to doing yoga every day.  Stretching out my muscles every morning is a must, in order for me to feel relaxed and comfortable during the day.  I had such a routine going in the past, but life happens and I started to make excuses why I didn't have time to do it anymore.  Well, I'm back baby! lol  Life is good and we have to enjoy the moments when we feel our best, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

  

No comments: