Translate

Thursday, June 12, 2014

I'm Diagnosed With Dystonia, Now What?

I can speak for myself when I say that the day I was diagnosed with Dystonia was both the best and scariest day of my life! There was so much confusion going on in my head. First, I didn't even know what Dystonia was, so that in itself was scary and confusing. Clients who come to me for coaching are often looking for ways to handle their confusion, sadness, and fears they are experiencing. Often they take these concerns out on family members, friends, and coworkers. I've been there, done that...and there's a better way to handle your emotions.

When you feel as if you're having a bad day...anxious, sad, or afraid...think of who you can turn to that will help you switch those feelings around and become uplifted, encouraged, and happy. I've turned to friends for laughter, and watch a lot of Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyers. These were my choices that helped me escape from negative thoughts. I also am very comfortable with being alone, sitting in my backyard, just listening to the birds and sounds around me. This was a form of meditation I used to change my thoughts and relax me.

Think of what resources you have in your life that will put a smile on your face?


No comments: